I found a piece autumn at the park:
Some of the misc. things going on around here:
I. Immi, Ashland and I caught a cold. Ashland had to take baby [not] tylenol (apparently this brand got recalled, but not it’s generic versions) for fever for the first time EVER. We sat around and watched movies all day immi absolutely adored Ponyo.
2. We are battling health insurance company, again. I suppose that’s quite normal thing for people living in US. Agh. Grrrrr. Blegh.
3. I’ve organized my work-in-progress projects, putting away some I’m not in the mood for now, and terminating ones I have no interest in continuing on. I decided that I’m too preoccupied for anything that takes a lot of fussing over, so I lined up a few mindless projects for when I want to keep my hands busy.
4. We haven’t bought anything for the baby No.3 yet. The shopping list is really really short this time around but we do need to look for a new infant car seat. And some onsies (Ashland destroyed his). I have to eventually go shopping for some fabric for making extra large receiving blankets (standard sized ones are too small for swaddling. Besides, cotton flannel makes good baby bath towels too — Ashland still uses them for this purpose).
5. The iron supplements I’ve started taking and vitamins which I’m now taking religiously are definitely helping with excessive tiredness and dizziness, but these things make me queasy on empty stomach. …Which makes me eat all day when I’m not even hungry. I think that this is definitely making me fatter than necessary!
6. I’ve been consuming copious amounts of Altoids because minty things make me feel better. Immi has picked up this habit it seems, and she’ll demand one every time she hears me open the tin. You’d think it’s to minty for a three year old. I found recently that Ashland eats leafy greens with balsamic vinaigrette. What they eat and what they don’t has been continuous source of amusement to me.
7. Immi and Ashland has both been good siblings to their new little brother-to-be. Immi points at my belly and says “baby!” and then gives it kisses. Ashland loves to hang out leaning on my belly and pets it often. He also puts his ear on it like he’s listening into what’s inside — I often wonder what he hears.
8. Todd and I both forgot about our wedding anniversary in August. And then when we eventually remembered, we thought we should do something fun, but we still haven’t managed to make time for this. Neither of us are all that into doing much for holidays or anniversaries anyways. But what we do celebrate is Saturdays, which we have decided is *our* day for all of us to do something fun. We take celebrating Saturdays very seriously.
9. I had a prenatal check-up today. When my doctor and I were talking about labor/delivery etc. pertaining to this one being the 3rd, I told her that the only thing I’m really worried about is having the baby fall out of me while getting logistics settled (since it’s really not all about *me* at this point, I have Immi and Ashland to consider). The doctor told me that if this does happen, I can just hop over to the hospital with the new baby. She totally made that sound really easy. Anyhow, I’m glad that the hospital is only 10 minutes away.